Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Happy Valentine's Day!
This picture was just taken four days ago. Natalie's wearing her new sleeper (thanks Jael!). I should have John put her in that tomorrow night as there's no telling how long she'll be able to wear it. I'm surprised she actually is able to wear it seeing it's a newborn sleeper and is only supposed to go up to 8 lbs. Her sleeping schedule is completely off again and I have no idea when or how long she's going to sleep. It didn't help that Sunday we ended up having to make a run to a hospital two hours away from here to visit my older sister. She had been horseback riding when her horse got spooked and she was thrown off. She ended up with a cracked skull and some bleeding in her brain. She's okay; she was released the next day from the hospital but it gave us all a scare. I went down with my older brother and younger sister and since I'm breastfeeding, Natalie had to come along. She spent most of the time sleeping while we were down there and since has been sleeping almost non-stop except to eat, especially if we put her in the swing. Before, she wouldn't go to sleep in the swing and usually could only tolerate it for so long before she'd start crying. Now, she falls asleep in the thing and can sleep in there for hours. I don't get her sometimes. My younger sister says she's probably heading for a major growth spurt. I'm hoping that's what it is and not something else. Last week, she was up a lot and doing a lot of eating so I guess that would make sense. I still worry about whether she gets enough to eat and if she's gaining enough weight. I probably always will worry since I don't have a baby scale. She looks good though and the doctor isn't worried so I guess she's doing ok but I'm going to try to get her up more for feedings just to make sure she's getting enough and I have enough of a milk supply.Anyway, it's Valentine's Day and once again, not much happened. Valentine's Day has rarely been a good holiday for me, mainly because something always seems to go wrong. I can think of one Valentine's Day out of the seven that actually turned out well. This year would have fine but I ended up with some stomache bug that gave me the runs and since I already had one accident today, I was NOT going to go out to dinner and take a chance of having another one, this time in public. SO...that was the end of that. We're still planning to go out and hubby did buy some wine but I'm more interested in going to bed than anything else. Plus, the sex hasn't gotten totally comfortable yet. Oh well, there's always next year.

























