Tuesday, March 21, 2006
It's the first day of SPRING.
Not that it totally feels like spring yet but it's working on it. It wasn't too bad for a walk today with my sister and her two kids (the first time I've taken one with Natalie in the stroller) but it was a little blustery. Admittedly, there were warmer days in January than today but it usually takes a little while before it really gets warm. It was more or less like this last year too although it was sunny out. I know because I was out getting pictures (the one on the left being one of them) for my photography class which was the next day. I had a project due. Of course, I ended up not getting it done and I actually didn't even get to my photography class the next day due to sad news I had gotten later on. My younger sister's niece through her first marriage died of RSV. She was 10 months old. I saw her that night at the hospital and it was one of the most heartbreaking scenes I had ever seen. Even though it was hours after her death, she was still being held and cuddled by members of her family. She looked like she was asleep but she was so cold. I couldn't hold her though, that I just could not do; my heart was breaking enough as it was. I remembered being afraid to have a child because I didn't think I could stand to go through something like that and yet less than a month later, I found out I was pregnant. Still, you couldn't help but feel grieved for the mother. It had been only 20 months earlier that her baby brother was killed. She had become pregnant shortly after that and we all watched as she went through the pregnancy in the months after his death. She was born more than a month after the first trial but she was there for the second trial in August. And then she was gone. It brought back a lot of the feelings that were still there even 20 months later. At least this time, my husband was with me at the funeral. I did not want to have to go through another one without him there (so dang it he better not go before me!). At least it wasn't at the same church; that would have been a bad case of deja vu.So that was on my mind this first day of spring. These days I've also been thinking of the fact that it's been almost a year since I became pregnant. It happened sometime during the week following Easter Sunday (March 27th). To me, it's hard to believe a full year has already almost passed. Strange how time just flys by "even when we're not having fun" as my mom used to say. There's a quote from Macbeth that I think of a lot: "Come what come may, time and the hour runs through the roughest day." Ain't that the truth.
Meanwhile, Natalie turns 12 weeks on tomorrow (or rather later today since it's already after midnight).
Naturally, I feel the need to show her off some more. This picture was taken on Saturday. It's the first time she's worn this outfit and I was surprised to find that it's still a little big on her! This is a 0-3 month outfit. I am finding that a lot of the two piece outfits are large on her while the one piece outfits are starting to get a little tight in the crotch area. So, it looks like I'm going to have to go through her clothes and decide just what to pack away. Her 0-3 month jammies will also have to be put away because she's definitely too long for them. I've had her in 3-6 months pajamas for a week or so now. Anyway, you can find more photos of Natalie here.Looking through them, it's amazing how she's grown so much in so little time and how her little personality is just shining through; she's such a joy to be with; I can't imagine my life without her.

























