Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Saturday, March 25, 2006
What do you think?

I've been playing around with the template a little bit and I have some of my favorite blogs on there now so that people can check them out too. There's a bit of a mix in there between cruncy and more mainstream parenting which makes things kind of interesting. I also have other links and I plan to put more in there as well, mainly to sites I happen to like a lot. I also put in a countdown to Natalie's first birthday. I found the ticker on another blog and thought that would be good to put here too. I should also put my ticker in that I have but I'll have to get the code again as the one I have is for email siggies.

Again, I'm finding myself doing a lot of copy and pasting like I did when I took my HTML class last spring. That was such a challenging course but it felt great when I accomplished each week's assignments. Admittedly, it got harder to do once I found out I was pregnant but then again, everything was considering I knew I wasn't going to be going back to school. Now I'm kind of missing it a little. It's fun learning things I can actually use and that are a challenge to me. Most of my schooling was so boring because it just came too easily a lot of times. Even college was easy because I can write and I can write well. The one semester I was at the tech school was different because it wasn't writing! Not that I don't like to write, I do, but it just wasn't challenging enough for me because I'm almost too good at it. I needed to do things that didn't bore me.

Now I have no idea when I'm going to get back because the last thing I'm going to do it send Natalie to a daycare but it would be nice to go back. I've thought about it here and there, thought about maybe going back to the program I originally was checking out which was User Support and Training. The timing is so rigid though because it's only once a week for three years and if you miss more than three classes, you have to start over. Not good for the kind of life I lead which is somewhat chaotic. But I would like to do something related to computers or to web design or something of the sort. I just don't know what. It's going to be awhile though before going back to school becomes anything of a reality. I just don't have the time right now; Natalie needs me. That's not a bad thing. It's nice to be needed but it does kind of mean having to choose one or the other and I choose Natalie of course. I won't make the mistake my mom made which was to go back to school and basically forget about us kids. I enjoy being home with Natalie though. That in and of itself is a challenge but also a great joy.

Anyway, let me know what you think about the changes here. And if you have a blog, share it!





1 Comments:
Blogger Mojo had this to say:

Natalie is a gorgeous little girl!
And I like the look of the blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.