Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Since my daughter is now in training as a parrot...

She keeps copying what John and I say. It's very disturbing. John told her earlier this week, "Don't run away" and she repeated it. Then I said "Don't copy me" and she said that too! Little stinker. And darn it, I'm really going to have to start watching my language.

She also picked up a phrase while we were out on Friday. I was talking to John after Natalie did something really cute and mentioned that I just loved the age she's in. However, I had continued, some people really LOOOOVE babies. From the back seat I hear "LOOOOVE babies!" in almost perfect imitation of me. Scary.

Her current new words include:

bar (for the cereal bars we pick up for her--Back to Nature brand)
hot (she says this when something is too hot for her too)
thank you
again
I like it
bird
cat
duck (more clear than before)
way
eat please
ride around
train
go
outside
all gone (this one's been said before but she says it now if YOUR plate is clean)
a dragon (I was quoting this from The Wonder Pets because she had on a dragon shirt)
grape
pineapple (sounds more like apple though)
spider (from the Itsy Bitsy Spider)
rain (Itsy Bitsy Spider)
socks

She's learning a lot of words from her Toots the Train toy and her Leapfrog toy.

She's also learning to sing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star though about the only word she knows there is star and words that sounds like it.

She is really picking up on the vocabulary though. I'm hoping that she'll also start to pick up on the ABCs and her numbers but that seems to come a little more slowly. She does try to sing the ABC song but she's not at the point where she recognizes any letters or numbers specifically at least not as far as I can tell.

She loves to play and can play independently for longer periods of time. She has a number of toys that she just absolutely loves. Her Toots the Train set is a big one along with her shopping cart, the Fascination Station I got at a rummage sale, and her Leapfrog. Those are the big ones but she'll also play with blocks, her push and ride car, her dino-roar, her shape sorter, and whatever else she's into at the moment. That's when she's not coloring on anything she can with her crayons and bouncing balls in the kitchen. She is just a very active little girl whose interests seem to stem more towards vehicles than on dolls. lol But my mom said I had a thing for helicopters and airplanes so I guess she comes by it naturally. Though, I wonder how much of my interests in those were due to seeing them fly over the farm almost everyday.

She's still really shy though at times seems friendly. She now cover her eyes with her hands or sticks her fingers in her ears when she's not in a friendly mood. She not too bad though if she's able to talk to someone first. She has to be the initiator. She will talk on the phone though and sometimes I can't get it back from her! She'll say "hi" and sometimes sing. Otherwise, she doesn't say too much but sometimes she'll strike a conversation over the phone and that can be pretty cute.




She's just a very active toddler overall. She is also getting in more teeth on the bottom and I figure by the end of next month at the latest, she will have all of her teeth except for her two year molars. It took forever for her bottom teeth to come in though. She got the front two bottom teeth last September, then she got the first four front upper teeth. Then her molars came in. The first of her upper canines started to come in not too long ago and NOW, she's getting the rest of her bottom teeth, almost a year later. Very strange. The bad thing is I just noticed today that she's got a chip on one of her front upper teeth. Grr. I really wanted her to avoid the dental problems I had. I'm really concerned that she's going to end up having a dead tooth like I did. She's such a little daredevil and she falls a lot so there's always the chance. My first experience with the dentist was having that tooth removed when I was about four. I don't want Natalie to have that kind of memory nor do I want her to have the dental problems I did because of it. Having that tooth removed so early really did a number on the rest of my teeth.

Anyway, here are some pictures from our last trip to La Crosse which was for my stillborn niece's funeral the end of July. I'm actually impressed because I got some really good pictures this time around from the last two rolls of film. I think what really helped with some of these was using the sports feature on the camera. Taking pictures of a toddler is a lot like taking pictures of a sports event; they just go go go!

Natalie and her cousin Connor.
Natalie and her cousin Gabby.


So that's the update for now. I probably won't get another update on here until after we return from the Feast. We leave the day before she turns 21 months. We'll be back in October with lots of updates and pictures, I'm sure, especially as we just purchased a new digital camera for the family. I love the film camera and I still plan to use it but it's nice to be able to take lots of pictures of Natalie too, especially when film has gotten so incredibly expensive. It's kind of sad though, like we're being forced to switch to digital for the convenience of technology without regard to the consequences of doing so. I just don't think that pictures taken with a digital camera (those that actually get printed) will last as long as pictures developed from film. But that's a rant for another time.





1 Comments:
Blogger Tami of BrooksGroth had this to say:

Great pictures and updates!

Sorry it has been so long since I cam e to this blog (I can never remember the url and w/ the password I can't put it in my google reader which is how I read blogs most of the time now). Guess I'll just have to get that myspace account, huh!

It is a lot of fun to watch our toddlers develop, the good and the not so good. I remember back when Nessa did the "baby swearing" thing a few times. So far now that I can understand everything she says, I haven't heard any actual swearing, but we do watch what we say very carefully because yes, she is listening ALL THE TIME! :-)

And just real quick about your last email (as I bounce back and forth) -- we do vaccinate but on our schedule so we rarely do more than one at a time and most of them are very delayed and yet we'll have all of the ones actually required by WI in before she starts school. I researched it and that is what I felt most comfortable doing. I don't think it is ever good to give multiple vaccines at one time (and prefer to find them separate rather than say the MMR (though we aren't to that one yet)) and I didn't think she needed any vaccine at all until after 4 months -- it amazes me that they give such young babies with undeveloped immune systems these massive doses of vaccine! Between breastfeeding and limited exposures (no daycare or play groups the first year, etc.) I thought delaying was the best choice for us. It is such a hard decision though so I understand any mom that researches it coming to very different conclusions based on their own views and needs. I just roll my eyes at the people that think you "have to" vaccinate though ... of course they do whatever "the doctor" tells them to do too. Sigh

Talk to you soon --
Tami

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.