Friday, July 06, 2007
Well, the Fourth of July was a bust.
Natalie HATES fireworks. They completely freaked her out. She started crying the minute they started and we decided to leave not five minutes into the show. Admittedly, we were a lot closer than we ever would have been in La Crosse so they were really loud. Still, even after moving quite a bit away from them, she still wasn't too big on them and John thinks that it's the sight of the fireworks that bothered her more than the sound. I don't know. But it was sort of frustrating considering we drove 15 miles to watch them. Beaver Dam does not have fireworks on the Fourth of July. Their fireworks are during Lake Days which is next weekend. I'm hoping to be able to catch them then but be a lot farther away from them than we were last night. So, no fireworks, no grilling, no get together with the extended family. It was not much of a Fourth of July period. At least I got some s'mores out of it though. However, I think next year we're going to look into going to La Crosse for the fireworks.

























