Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Monday, May 28, 2007
Natalie is now 17 months old.

I figured I'd update with some photos and stuff. She is growing a little which is a good thing; she's now above 30 inches so maybe she won't be a total shrimp. I'm hoping she'll grow at least another two inches before the year is done. One positive side to this is that she at least doesn't grow out of clothes so quickly now. However, it does make it harder to shop for her ahead of time as I don't know what size she will wear in later months. She's pretty much in 12 months pants now and 18 month shirts. She wears size 3W-size 4 in shoes. She's not very big but she has a very big personality. She just acts like a little person and not a baby. She's very active; she won't sit and she won't stop talking either even if we can't understand 90% of what she says. She does have somewhat of an English vocabulary though with her newest word being cheese. That was what she said today when her dad had the cheese out to give her. She loves her toys and loves playing with them and she can be quite the little stinker as her dad found out Saturday when she threw his Bible in the toilet. Oops. John was not too happy with her about that. Go figure it's the first thing that she does throw into the toilet too and not too long after they returned home from church. Maybe she's trying to tell him something? She's still climbing and falling and getting hurt and she currently has a big scrape on her forehead from a fall she took on Friday playing on some rocks. Hopefully she won't end up with a scar from it.

Anyway, here are some pictures:

This is Natalie with her cousin Gabby during our last trip to La Crosse. Gabby is four months and ten days older than Natalie. She's quite a few inches taller but has nowhere near as much hair as Natalie does.Natalie sitting in a laundry basket. She likes laundry baskets for some strange reason. She either likes to be in them or pushes them around and puts things in them.This is one of the first times that Natalie was on her potty. She likes to read when she's on the potty; it keeps her from getting distracted, I guess. She hasn't been too good about going in the potty lately. Oh well, I guess it was wishful thinking to hope that she would be potty trained by the age of two. I'm still hoping she won't be as old as I was though. I was almost four.Here's Natalie eating a banana. She likes to eat them not cut up now. Her hair is also pretty long in this picture; we have not cut her bangs so they are now actually over her eyes which means I pretty much have to have her hair up every day. The hair on the side I actually did cut. She had two long pieces on either side that was two inches longer than the rest of her hair. I'm assuming this is because the rest of her hair in back was rubbed against her crib mattress when she was put on her back for bed each night. Now that the rest of her hair is a little longer, I felt a little more comfortable cutting off those extra long pieces. I still felt kind of bad about doing it though even if it did make her hair look more evened out. I'm still trying to grow out her bangs so that I can just part her hair in the middle but with her hair being so fine, I'm not sure how long that's going to work. We'll see how it goes.

Natalie did get a set of pictures done the Friday before last at Wal-Mart (thank goodness we did that BEFORE she got her forehead scraped) but since they ran out of CDs, I'll have to wait until I get the pictures to share them on here. She was not the most cooperative little toddler which made for a long photo shoot but it did make it easy for me to choose pictures. At least the first picture for the main package turned out really well. We'll have three other poses along with that which allowed us to spend much less than we have the last couple of times we've done this. I still might get the 3 1/2x5s of the poses I didn't get but they weren't that great. She's frowning in one, had her hand on top of her head in another one, and one wasn't even centered but it was accidentally saved. We might look into other options for the next set of pictures in November but that's going to be hard seeing as we would probably have to go to Madison and that would make things more complicated. I'm almost thinking better the devil we do know considering we would also need to go to Madison to pick the pictures up. And in all honesty, I'm not looking to spend a fortune on pictures right now; I just want to be able to get them done.





1 Comments:
Blogger Tami of BrooksGroth had this to say:

GREAT update!! Natalie is growing and learning so much! I admit I was totally LOL at the throw the Bible in the toilet story! (By the way if you're ever looking for Dicipline help, check out Love and Logic ... we got lots of their books and CDs from the library and their approach for toddlers is pretty in sync with what we would want to do anyway but with better "tools" like the "uh-oh song" which totally works wonders with Nessa.) And good luck on the potty training thing ... I started at 18 months with Megan and all it did was extend the "training time" another 6 months or so ... I'm being more laid back with Nessa ... each kids varies and other than having mom/dad trained it really doesn't work if they don't understand how to control things which I can totally tell that Nessa doesn't quite get yet unfortuantely...soon hopefully. :-)

Oh, and I think all kids love laundry baskets. Megan started pushing Nessa around in one once and now Nessa wants to do it all the time so if she sees an empty one she gets in and expects someone to come and push her!

OK, back to work for me ... hope to catch up with you again soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.