Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Just some updates.

Natalie is getting to be more of stinker these days. Currently, I'm missing my middle school year book, the remote control to the VCR, and my gel wrist pad. I'm hoping they're in the apartment somewhere but we're still trying to go through the boxes and either put things away or set them aside to get rid of. No matter how much room there is here, there just isn't enough room for all the stuff we have, not when the storage space is so small and I have to put things where Natalie can't reach them. We really could use a place with a third room so that I have a place to put my workout stuff as well as stuff I don't want Natalie getting into. *sigh* I know it will only get worse as she gets older but I try so hard to know where my things are that this drives me just about batty.

Been working on losing weight these days and that's been going pretty well. I hope to lose close to 25 lbs by summer and so far, I'm about 10% into reaching that goal. I've made a lot of changes in my eating and exercising too which seems to help out a lot. I do find myself slipping these days but I'm trying to keep at it anyway and not give up. The support I'm getting at SparkPeople has really helped out a lot.

Today, John said something that really surprised me. I have complained in the past about one of his religious things that usually occurs right around Easter time. It involves taking all things with leavening out of the house: yeast, baking soda, baking powder, etc. We had ordered some girl scout cookies some time ago (before I started with SparkPeople) and they came in today. I had expressed concern about trying to eat all of these cookies in less than a month without going crazy and he told me that if I let him clean the house (do all the vacuuming and stuff) for the week that's coming (which starts April 1st), he will let me keep what I need in the house for that week even if it has leavening in it because he understands that while he's been called to do this, I have not. WOW. I'm shocked. Other than the Christmas deal, this has been one of our big things to fight over. I really do not like this week because it's such an inconvenience to ME since I don't follow his religion. Usually, I try to deal with it but not without a lot of complaining and grumbling and generally being unhappy about it. The year I was pregnant, I put my food down because I was in the midst of my morning sickness at the time and needed to have access to crackers. And the fact that he brought this up himself really shows that he has changed at least a little in how he deals with his religious convictions. He's at least willing to compromise somewhat. That's a HUGE step forward and shows that maybe the influence of his former friend is starting to wear off finally. I sure hope so!

Just recently, I became involved with Discovery Toys. I had kind of tossed around the idea in the past due to someone contacting me about selling but at the time, we had NO income at all coming so it just was not going to work signing up to do it when I couldn't even pay for the kit. But, having a little bit of money, I thought I'd try it out. At the very least, it's a way for me to get out of the house. I signed up through a very nice lady who lives in the area and went to the first meeting today and all the women there were just nice and totally down to earth. What's really great is I could wear my jeans and NO make-up. I did not have to dress up in nylons and a skirt like I did in Mary Kay (at over 30 weeks pregnant too!). Even better, this lady and her family do some of the things that my husband is very strongly for such as raw milk, no vaccinating, homeschooling, organic foods, no processed foods, etc. If we can have access to this information without the um...shall I say harsh influence, I am ALL for it. And even better, a couple of these moms still had their little ones in slings and at the breast. Natalie is still nursing but I really try not to nurse in public since she's so indiscreet about nursing. lol I try to feed her instead and I'm sure it makes John much happier if I'm feeding her at a place that follows his beliefs on food. And hey, since I'm trying to eat healthier, it's good for me too!

So that's my update in a nutshell; hopefully some of you will come out of lurking and say "hi."





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.