Thursday, January 25, 2007
Here we go again!
My little insomniac is up and running around and it's almost 11:30. I'm not sure why she has these nights were she doesn't sleep but I do wonder if it isn't a growth spurt because I recently measured her and she's up to 29 inches! Before that, she was only 27 and 3/4 inches. So she shot up a good inch and a quarter which is probably the most she's grown in awhile. From birth to six months, she grew over five inches but since then, she's only grown about 3 inches! That's not much but since John is only 5'6, it's very probable that she's not going to be very tall. I don't mind that too much but it does kind of make me cringe when someone sees her for the first time and says, "Oh, she's so TINY!" She's not tiny to me! And she was a moose at birth! She weighed 9 lbs, 7 oz. Now, she's probably not more than 21 lbs. We don't know though because we still have not taken her to a WBC since she was nine months old. I'm working on getting her in. I called to make the appointment but they want to send me all of this paperwork to fill out (which they have not sent me yet, grr) so that they can get her record in La Crosse and Lodi and then when they have that, they will call and schedule the appointment. So, it's probably going to be another week before we get her in. We're going to set it up with the pediatrician here in Beaver Dam. If it does not work out because the ped is nothing but a total witch about the non-vaccination thing or acts stupid about the breastfeeding or something like that, we are then going to Madison for Natalie's appointments. We have called the county about our health insurance and the coverage was extended until September. We're not under an HMO either so we can go to Madison if we want to. It's a 30-40 minute drive just to get there but it will be worth it to find a doctor who will not give us a hard time about how we are taking care of her.Natalie is still breastfeeding but she is also getting fed three times a day. She eats a fair variety of food each day including eggs, cheese, bananas, yogurt, applesauce, crackers, bread, cereal, etc. I do give her some baby good to give her veggies because I'm really bad at making veggies here. She doesn't eat meat so we usually give her the protein in the form of eggs and sometimes peanut butter. She gets her milk from me. She has not gotten straight cow's milk yet and we prefer to keep it that way for now. She probably won't get cow's milk until after she's weaned. I'm not sure when that will be though. Natalie doesn't seem to be wanting to nurse much less than in the past. Her eating more has curbed it a little but not that much. She very much wants to be close to her mother but she's also able to go and play. The trouble I'm having is keeping her nursing on one side and keeping her interested in nursing rather than pulling off constantly and switching sides. She can be a rather restless little girl and easily distracted. It's hard to believe she'll be 13 months. She's grown up so fast.

























