Thursday, December 28, 2006
Happy Birthday Natalie!
Natalie is now one year old. We didn't do much for her birthday today (which was actually yesterday now that it is past midnight) because John still had to work overnight. So we're going to be doing something on Saturday. It won't be much but Natalie will at least have cake. She's gotten a couple of her presents so far. We got her Drop-and-Roll dinosaur a few weeks ago so she's had that to play with. We picked it up used (and therefore costing half the original price) and it was already put together so it didn't make much sense to try to hide it from her although I did think about doing just that when she lost one of the balls we got with it. Grr. But I just limit the number of balls being out to just three and that's been working pretty well. Having eight out was just a bit too much. I'm still hoping that the missing ball is just hiding somewhere but my fear too is that she dropped it in the garbage can one time we weren't looking and it got thrown out with the other trash. Who knows. On Christmas day, I gave her the blocks John and I got a couple nights before. These are the blocks that are like legos, only bigger so that she can't choke on them. There's eighty pieces in the pack. So far, she likes to take the blocks apart more than she likes to put them together, much to the annoyance of her mother who likes putting the blocks together! The rest of our shopping will be done on Friday when we go to Madison to meet up with my younger sister who is going to be visiting for a few days. I'm looking forward to that, Christmas was way too lonely for me and New Year's would have been the same way.
So, other than remembering it was Natalie's birthday, nothing was different about today. John slept, then went to work and I watched Natalie. Natalie definitely didn't think anything was different about today; she was her usual toddler self. She did have her moments of cuteness though (she usually does) such as when she was playing peek-a-boo to avoid having her diaper changed and sitting in the kitchen cabinet (that I at least got pictures of). Saturday though will pretty much be the big birthday celebration with cake, ice cream, and more presents. And then all that's left to do is to get Natalie in for her 1 year well baby check-up. I'm not looking forward to that as much since we still have not found a doctor here for her yet and I'm really missing the one she had back in La Crosse. But, I do plan to take care of that soon; I'm just not looking forward to it. Finding the right doctor is not easy at all when you don't vaccinate.

| posted by Janeen at 12:10 AM
-
Tami of BrooksGroth had this to say:
Happy Birthday Natalie!!! And what a huge milestone for mom!!! :-)
Wishing you many accomlishments and giggles in the next year!
<< back to the main page