Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Saturday, June 30, 2007
New pictures and 18 month updates.

I finally got the pictures that I had done last month scanned onto the computer. These were taken May 18th at Wal-Mart. I wish I didn't have to scan them but they were out of the CDs this time when I went in. GRR. The pictures are okay but the photographer they had was new and I just wasn't totally impressed, especially when two of the poses were absolutely worthless. One was saved by accident even though it was completely off-center and the other one I actually did order because it was a good print but it came back blurry! In all honesty, most of the pictures are blurry and I'm really looking into another place to go for the next set. I'm thinking Sears. It won't be fun because it will mean a half an hour drive just to have pictures done but the next time I do pictures will be for her two year pictures. Other than the really expensive studios, there are no decent photography studios close by; they're all in Madison which again, is at least half an hour away.




I got these pictures developed yesterday. Why can't she smile like THIS at the studio?





And now for the updates:

Her well-baby check up went pretty well, considering. She is now 30 and 3/4 inches and weighs 24 lbs and 5 oz. Her height is now at the 27th percentile (up from 12th percentile) and her weight is down to the 53rd percentile (it had been at the 6st percentile). In other words, she's growing well. She's still really shy and took quite awhile to warm up to the nurse practitioner but once she did, she started babbling and talking. She says (along with all her other words) bye-bye, all aboard, alright, daddy, and head. She does NOT say mommy. grr. When I tell her to say "nice Mommy", she says "nice Daddy". I'm only a pair of boobs to her as evidenced by the fact that she constantly says "BOOBY!" when she wants to eat. So much for "eat please" which I taught her to sign a month or so back. Now, it's booby. She does sign "more" too though not often and usually it comes out of nowhere. She's really picking up songs. She's trying to learn the ABC song but hasn't quite gotten that yet. I did hear her sing something like "Now I know my ABCs" but it wasn't very clear. We're also doing Patty Cake (which she is following really well; she can "roll it" now), The Itsy Bitsty Spider (she has the spider climb up, the rain fall down, and the sun come out), Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes (she points to her head and says "head", she points to her toes, she also points to her eyes, nose, and mouth). Those end of the day nursing sessions are also very educational. lol She's definitely doing more and getting into more every day.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.