Tuesday, February 03, 2009
It's hard to get a decent picture of a three year old.
Today, I cut Natalie's bangs because they were getting long again. This, in and of itself, can be a very frustrating thing to do just to try to get Natalie to HOLD STILL but I find it absolutely CRIMINAL what hair places charge not only for a child's haircut but for a simple bang trim so we've made do with my halfway decent trimmings (though John won't go near me when it comes to getting HIS hair cut, CHICKEN). Eventually, we do plan to take her to an actual salon but it won't happen until I'm ready for her to get an actual hair cut which will still leave her hair pretty long (AT LEAST below her shoulders). Until then, I cut her bangs which happens about every month to two months depending how short I cut it the last time and how long I allow her bangs to get. Yeah, I could let them grow out but with the birthmark on her forehead, I figure the bangs are a good to have. It's not very dark but she still has her stork bite and it can be noticeable at times.ANYWAY, after getting all that done (including going over AND over again just what the term holding still MEANS) and giving her a bath with the vinegar hair rinse (I rarely use actual shampoo on her anymore--and nothing with SLS-- and her hair is just beautiful for it, she could be in a Pantene commercial), I thought I would grab some pictures. She was all for it and actually held still for once but POSING for the pictures was another story... Really, all I wanted for her was to look at the camera and SMILE. That shouldn't be too hard, right? Uh...wrong, especially when her cousin is pretending to take pictures of her with an itty bitty Barbie camera next to me. So here are the pictures I got of her today in the order I took them in including the final picture, the one that ACTUALLY turned out pretty well. *sigh* I can't WAIT until we finally get her three year pictures done. Anyone have any suggestions for a decent local photographer who doesn't charge an arm and a leg for kiddy pics?
Believe it or not, she's actually been sick the past few days with her worst illness yet: a really nasty cold that's given her a fever three days in a row. She seems to be on the mend though, still coughing and still has a bit of a runny nose but it at least looks like the fevers have stopped for now. Whatever it was she had really gave her immune system a big job to do. Still, other than being a little bit peaked last night, she's been going along just fine, it hasn't affected her activity at all which was a little unfortunate for me, I could have used the rest. Not only was I dealing with the same head and chest cold, I also got nailed with a stomach bug. NOT FUN. Hopefully we'll both be well enough by Saturday to attend services and the social that will be following.

























