Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Monday, March 27, 2006
Too many choices.

As usual, I'm up late going through posts and different websites. I'm really trying to work on finding a baby carrier that will work for me and Natalie. I can't get much done during the day so therefore, I'm up late at night getting everything done and I think a sling would really help out. The problem is is that a lot of them are expensive so I really need to be able to choose the right sling if I'm going to be spending a lot of money on one. That brings me to another problem, there are too many slings. There are so many, I have no idea what to choose! You have the sling, then you have pouches, then you have wraps. Forget baby carriers, most do not come in my size. The rest do and have varying degrees of ease of usage and expense. One can easily spend almost $100 on a sling! But it's getting to be a necessity; I need to be able to get things done around the house! I can't continue to stay up late at night like this; it's not working that well. Today, especially was not good because I didn't take my nap with Natalie in the rocking chair. Thus, she was especially tired. I put her down a little earlier tonight, just after midnight, and she was out pretty quick.

I would like to be able to get things done around the house though because trying to do everything in one day is just not working. It doesn't all get done. That's one of my biggest beefs with John following the whole Sabbath deal, one of the two days of the week he doesn't work, he won't do any chores in the house. That drives me batty! Plus, Saturday, he's usually gone for hours because his services are LONG, two hours (to me that's long because I'm used to 45 minute Catholic masses, with the exception of Easter vigil which is a yucky two hours on a Saturday night) and that's on a quiet week. He's gone even longer on the Saturdays there's a potluck and Bible study, then he's usually gone about five hours or more! So everything gets pushed to poor Sunday and there's just not enough time to get it all done. It was like the Fridays during my pregnancies when I would have my appointments and it would be John's ONE day during the week he wasn't working and so we'd be running around trying to get everything done before sundown. It made for really long days for me, especially towards the end of my pregnancy.

I'm currently checking out a site that shows you how to do various wraps using cloth that you buy yourself. Hmm, this might be an option as it's cheaper to buy fabric than it is to buy slings! Plus, I can pick out the fabric I want. Admittedly, buying a sling would be nice but as much as they cost (and mind you, they have to be bought online as I've yet to see a store selling anything other than baby carriers) it would probably be better to start off with one that I make myself.

And oh my gosh! There is a store in Madison that has not only baby carriers but cloth diapers!!! Madison is only two hours away from me! Okay, now I'm going to HAVE to convince John to take me there some Sunday (as soon as we make sure that the car isn't going to overheat). Now I just have to figure out when's the best weekend to go would be. Wow, that's awesome. Hopefully, it won't give him an excuse to visit his friend in Broadhead. GULP!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.