Tuesday, July 25, 2006
This girl is going places!
Natalie will be seven months on Thursday though it seems she's going on a year, not eight months. That's because she's hitting milestones like crazy. It was impressive enough that she was crawling not too long after she turned six months old. Her cousin didn't start to crawl until nine months or so but crawling just wasn't enough for little Miss Natalie. Noooo, Natalie's goal all along is to WALK and she will get there come hell or high water! She is currently pulling herself up and doing very well at it too I might add! My younger sister keeps telling me to tell Natalie to slow down. After all, her daughter just started pulling herself up recently too but she's 11 months old! Not only that but her daughter still only does the military crawl while Natalie crawls on hands and knees (and has done so since she started crawling). Natalie is fast too. Turn your back on her and you might find her in trouble just moments later. I have to really watch what she gets into as she's attracted to cords and anything else she's not supposed to get into. Toys? Those are boring! She wants to play with things like shoes, the tubing from the foot pump, a paper bag, cords, the box with the VCR and DVD John brought down for me, anything and everything she can get her little hands on. I was not expecting her to be this fast on the milestones. I figured I'd have a little more time for her to be a good little girl who stays in one place. Yeah, not happening. Diaper changes too are fun because she insists on turn around, naked butt in the air, and standing on the changing pad. And since I have her in cloth diapers, it's all kinds of fun.I'll need to get some pictures of my mischevous girl in action. The camera though is with John or back in La Crosse and I don't think there's any film in it. We went through the five rolls of film he had bought some time back and haven't had the money to develop them nor have we had the money to get more film. At this point, we don't even have money for disposible diapers. I'm trying to seek out free cloth diapers from wherever because the more of those I have, the less laundry I have to do. Right now, I wash diapers every other day Monday-Friday and then wait until Monday before doing another load. A few more diapers would help until I get the money for an actual diaper pack. Because it is definitely cheaper to use those than the disposibles. Besides, after using cloth, the disposibles seem real flimsy.
That's it for the moment as I'm exhausted and dealing with a sinus infection on top of it. Being sick sucks. So it's off to bed with me before the little girl wakes up and demands my full attention.

























