Friday, July 14, 2006
Natalie is six and a half months old.
Natalie is now over six months old and already crawling and crawling very well, I might add. She's trying so hard to pull herself up but she can't sit up on her own yet (though she tries hard to) and the things she tries to pull herself up on are not the most supportive. Unlike her cousin, Natalie is not content to stay at a certain stage. She masters a skill and immediately wants to move on to the next. She's also become quite the acrobat while nursing. The silly goose would nurse upside down if she could figure out how. As of her last appointment (June 23), Natalie weighed 15 lbs and 14 oz. Length was 26 and a 1/4 inches. She hadn't grown much but she had chunked up some so she probably has grown since then. She's a little sweetheart, giving me kisses and hugs although she also does have a bad habit of pulling my hair and pulling people's glasses off. She's my precious little one though and if there's a silver lining to all of this it's the fact that I'm getting to know her even better and thus bonding with her even more than I ever have. I can tell when she's tired and deal with her accordingly. I keep on top of her feedings and her diapering I do pretty well with also as I try not to let her go too long between changings especially now that we are transitioning to cloth. I am still getting some disposibles because I could use more cloth diapers and covers but I did not get too many (half of what I got last month) . I'm still experimenting and sometimes I do fall back on those other diapers rather than using cloth, especially when it comes to overnight.

| posted by Janeen at 1:29 AM
-
Tami of BrooksGroth had this to say:
{{{{Hugs}}}}
I agree with everything you said about the friend. B*tch away!!!!!!
Sorry things are so rough -- it's good to hear you finding the silver lining though -- glad you're getting to be even more in sync with Natalie. Bonding with a baby, especially after a traumatic birth can be challenging even in the best of circumstances -- so you're doing great!!!!
It must be adorable to see Natalie crawling!!!
{{{More hugs}}}
Tami
<< back to the main page