Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Friday, March 31, 2006
Myth #1: You can never have too many baby blankets.

I beg to differ. You can. I have so many blankets that most of them are up in Natalie's closet not being used. At this time, there are two blankets that I use both of which are fleece. One is used whenever she goes out; it goes over her in the carseat after she's buckled in. The second one is in the diaper bag in case she needs to nurse in public. I actually haven't really used it but I carry it. The other ones are currently not in use which is sad because I have so many pretty blankets. Three of them I think I've actually bought. I have two satin backed blankets (only one of which I've actually used) and a receiving blanket I bought at a rummage sale for $1. The rest of them I've gotten from others. Several of them are actually handmade and are very beautiful blankets. But, because they are so beautiful, I haven't wanted to use them too much. So I have a basket in Natalie's closet, on the shelf with several blankets in it. I am at least making use of one of the quilt blankets I received by using it for a tummy time blanket. Too bad Natalie isn't too into tummy time.

I've been trying to organize Natalie's room a little more. I've been going through her clothes and I just recently hung up several items of clothing in the 3-12 month range. Now, her closet is looking pretty full. I've also been taking out sleepers that no longer fit her and putting in sleepers that do. I don't know how but I managed to accumulate a number of 3-6 month sleepers! However, I'm a little short of sleepers for the six months after that. Not that I have too much room in the drawer that holds her sleepers. The same goes for her onesies. I have a drawer full of them (this drawer also holds her socks) and most of them she'll be able to use now and for the next three months but after that she's lacking a little with the exception of 12 month onesies; I do have a few of those already, just not too many. For a three month old, Natalie has a bit of a wardrobe. I guess that's to be expected when you go through four different sizes in one year. That only happens to me when I'm on a diet and I'm actually lucky enough to lose four sizes! Then again, I don't buy quite as many clothes for myself as I do for her. Clothing for babies are cute. Clothing for women my size are not. Oh well, it's more fun to buy clothes for her anyway! She's not at the age where she has to go into a dressing room to try them on. All you have to do is look at the tag and it gives you the age, the length, and the weight. Hmm, that's something to think about. Kind of makes me glad that women's clothing isn't sized like that.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.