Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Friday, July 28, 2006
Just to let you know...

I moved some of my posts over to my other blog. I'm going to use that one to vent while I keep this one for updates of Natalie. If you would like the link, just let me know.

Natalie is still working on standing and is now starting to cruise a little bit. There are some good sized sections of things she can hold onto and walk so she's working on that. Eek! She very well could be walking by October and I was figuring she'd be crawling by then! How'd I get such an advanced baby?!

She's had a cold of late, her very first cold. She's been slightly miserable so I've been giving her tylenol and making sure she gets plenty of naps. The only probably I'm really having with her (besides the snotty nose lol) is that she seems to sleep more lightly which means she pretty much wakes up when I come into the room. Last night I had to go downstairs and sleep on the couch just to get SOME sleep because she would not let me sleep otherwise unless she was attached to the breast. That for me does not make for too comfortable or deep a sleep. I had to grab a nap myself this evening because not only was I just tired (Natalie had been up since about 8 this morning!) but I also was feeling really yucky. I was sick to my stomach and dizzy. My older sister watched Natalie for me. Natalie was not happy with this though. She crawled over to my computer chair and when she figured out I wasn't there, she cried. :( So sad. But my sister let her play with the monkey she got today from eBay and Natalie liked that. She could pull on the monkey's hair. She likes pulling hair, especially her cousin's hair. It's long and blond.

I hear it's hot here but I don't know; I haven't been outside. The weather's been really goofy. It's been hot during the day and stormy at night. It rained today a little but Madison got a really good storm; it rained so much there was flash flooding and cars were floating away! I was concerned about John but I haven't been able to call him as the phone was disconnected. Hopefully that will be back up tomorrow so I can find out if he's coming over to see Natalie.

Natalie's adopted grandfather stopped over today to see Natalie. It had been awhile; I hadn't seen him since the fourth of July weekend and Natalie wasn't quite crawling yet. He was impressed. Natalie was impressed with his pens and kept trying to steal them. My little klepto. lol He gave me $20 too which will help me buy a few more cloth diapers so that I won't have to wash them as much. That makes me very happy. I was hoping to scrounge up $5 from somewhere, maybe have my younger sister turn in my penny collection; $20 is VERY helpful. I'm checking out a bunch of prefold sales that I've been getting in my gmail. A few of them are very promising. Now, I just have to get the money into my bank so that I can pay with PayPal.

Speaking of cloth diapers, they have been a lifesaver. With money the way it is right now, I can't even afford disposible diapers so having cloth helps with that a lot. I do set aside some disposibles to use if I have to but I'm finding more and more that I don't; I just use the cloth. Washing them can get a little tedious; there's a lot that needs to be done in the wash but it's been well worth it. I'm just trying to get a few more prefolds to add to what I already have (some of the prefolds I'm looking at have snaps which will really help me out when trying to diaper a little wiggleworm!) and I should be set. Then all I will need are some more covers. All that in good time though. I am hoping that eventually I can even try out some diapers like the Fuzzibunz and Happy Heinies. They are pocket diapers and I think those would be great for nights (maybe for the diaper bag too if I get gusty enough). But that will have to wait until I sell some of the things I have here or John starts getting some income; whichever comes first. I found out that there's someone who's looking for mommy made jewelry. I contacted her by email and sent her some pictures of what I've made. Hopefully she's interested. That will help out a lot if I can sell her some of my jewelry. Maybe then I can make a bit of a dent in all the beads I have. I think I have enough to make at least 100 necklaces! Of course, I'll run out of wire, clasps, and crimp beads LONG before then but if I'm selling the necklaces, I'll make the money I need to replace those supplies.

It's all coming together; I just have to keep focusing.





1 Comments:
Blogger Tami of BrooksGroth had this to say:

The updates are great -- yes, these babies have their own ideas of when they should hit those milestones!

I'm glad you're enjoying the cloth diapers ... more on that soon -- I'm trying to catch up after being gone for a week.

I would love the link to your other blog when you get a chance to send it to me.

Hugs,
Tami

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.