Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Tuesday, April 04, 2006
In other news...

Natalie got to bed a little earlier tonight. The timing is still not the greatest but it's definitely better than last night. The trick was for John to bounce her while wearing one of my t-shirts (one that I had been wearing for a few days now so it was heavily scented with me) and then when Natalie was sleepy, he put her into the crib with my shirt. He went to bed then, leaving the light on (I don't know how he can sleep with the light on because I can't unless I'm sleeping in the rocking chair). I went in about half an hour later, removed the t-shirt and turned off the light. I had remembered that John had put one of my shirts in with Natalie one other time he couldn't get her to sleep. He had put it in the bassinet with her and she was able to sleep. That was awhile ago though, back when Natalie was maybe a month or two old. He had forgotten about doing that though. At this point, Natalie is definitely a mommy's girl. lol

I'm very happy to say that for the moment, it looks like the breastfeeding is really taking off and finally making a turn for the better as far as how it feels. At 14 weeks now I'm finally able to stay off of the ibuprofin. I have not taken any for two whole days. That for me is a major milestone and I'm hoping that there will be many more painfree days following. I'm also very happy that I'm getting to be just as proficient with the right side as I am with my left. The only problem is that milk production on that side is still not the greatest. I do not get engorged at all on my right side. I do leak though. However, it does seem that Natalie isn't always getting milk from that side as she will get upset and fussy while nursing that side. It goes away though when she switches to my left side. That side is my over producer. I'm just happy that she's getting enough to eat and is thriving. I'm not sure how much she weighs but she definitely has several wet and/or poopy diapers during the day. Sometimes she'll need to be changed only an hour or so after her last changing and even then that's almost too long as she'll have had a major blowout requiring me to change not only her diaper but her clothes too. This at least gives me the chance to put some more lotion on her. With her dry skin, I'm trying to put some lotion on her each day; I'm just not always good at doing it. She's also had a really dry spot on her jaw that I've actually had to treat with hydrocortizone and I'm happy to see that it's finally getting better so now I'm just putting lotion on it. I was thinking of taking her to the doctor if it hadn't improved by Wednesday.

Not much else going on. I'm still trying to find cloth diapers and a sling for the best price. There are just too many choices and I do not know what to get. I wish I could sew then I would just make my own sling and diapers. I could make the sling; that wouldn't be too hard, especially a wrap sling but the diapers are a little out of my league. It just doesn't seem right. You think that that natural products would be cheaper than the chemical products but that's just not the case. Part of it is about quality and the fact that it is actually made in the USA rather than Korea or China. I know too a lot of these items of made by work at home moms and that factors into the cost too (which makes me think about maybe going into my own WAHM business making jewelry). Still, a lot of these products just cost so much more than their chemical counterparts it's no wonder that the chemical products are still out there. It's almost looking like natural products and natural foods are for the elite while those who don't have the money are stuck with the things that aren't as good for their babies. Which makes that gap between the rich and the poor so much worse. It's great to be crunchy but it's hardly something that the money crunched can afford. Thus my situation. We're not doing too badly but we're not doing so well that I can just buy a bunch of cloth diapers without being concerned about dropping that kind of money on something that might not work for Natalie. The money can only be spent once and I want to get something that will work for Natalie and continue working for Natalie for some time. Most of these diapers cost over $10 a diaper. They may last longer but if you don't have a ton of money to start with, it gets difficult to see the point in even getting them. If you only have $50 for diapers, you're going to spend it on 200+ disposibles, not on three cloth diapers that won't even get you through one day. Now, if I had another $50, that's one thing but the problem is is that you don't really start to save money on diapers unless you are spending almost $100 on them. And usually you have to spend TWICE that to get any real deals. That just makes it more difficult to decide because then again, what if they don't work?





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.