Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Monday, April 03, 2006
So much to do, so little time.

Sundays always seem to pass too quickly. Today was no exception. In fact, it was even worse due to the clocks going forward an hour. And for some reason, I spent more of the day than I wanted to sleeping in the chair with Natalie. So of course, I'm now up late doing things (then again, Natalie was up late too because of the clocks). Not that it does me much good going to sleep most of the time because if I can sleep, I can't sleep long because my leg will bother me or I end up with a nightmare (gotta love those springtime tornado dreams I've been having since I was seven) so the most I can sleep at any one time is oh about four hours. I seem to sleep better in the chair than I do in bed these days.

So naturally, I didn't get much done around the house today. I did get some things done with Natalie's room but other than that, not much else got done on my end. John mostly worked on the kitchen as he's preparing for the Days of Unleavened Bread. This is my least favorites of the holy days (followed by whatever one he has to fast for, I can't remember) as during this week there is to be not one thing in the apartment that has any leavening in it. FYI: leavening is anything that makes bread rise. This includes yeast, baking soda, baking powder, etc. Until you actually go through a holy day like this, you have no idea just what foods in y0ur house has leavening in them. You would be surprised. Crackers have leavening. Chicken noodle soup in a box has leavening. CHICKEN NUGGETS have leavening. Last year, I was pregnant during this week so I fought John on the crackers and chicken noodle soup because of morning sickness. This year, I have no excuse. Oh, and did I mention that tortilla shells have leavening too? So, anything with leavening has to go as of next Sunday and will not be bought again until April 19th. GRR. The week does not actually start until the 12th but as our cleaning days are on Sundays, John wants it all out by then so he does not have to worry about it. I'm not looking forward to it. I can't even get pizza during that week or subs. This makes figuring out what to eat during that week a little more difficult. Although I suppose I can spend the week eating at my sister's. I just might too! I'm sure the week is difficult enough for those who are actively involved with my husband's religion. For someone like me who does not follow and does not care to follow it, it is pure torture. And one of the big things is to clean the house top to bottom anywhere where there might be even a crumb of bread. This even includes the car as hubby as a horrible habit of carrying sandwiches in there. How he's going to vacuum the car, I have no idea as I really do not think we have an extension cord long enough for the job.

So that was our Sunday. We did kind of finished the evening watching Back to the Future II which neither one of us had really seen. John also cleaned the bird cage and vacuumed a little in the living room. There's still a lot to do here though because there is still way too much stuff in this apartment. And there's a lot that just doesn't need to be in here. So, things are slowly making their way down to the basement and the next big item to go down there is the extra entertainment center. It's a really nice one as it's actually made of wood, not particle board but it only holds a 25 inch TV or smaller. We have a 27 inch TV in the livingroom on the entainment center my older sister gave me when she moved out of the area. If there was a way I could just get the video cabinet, I would but I don't have a saw so I'm planning to move all of the videos and DVDs to a book shelf that's currently in the entry way (holding cookbooks). Once that's done then I'm moving the shoes over to where the shelf was. Where the cookbooks are going, I have no idea. Maybe to the basement; it's not like I use them or anything.

The good thing about moving the entertainment center out of here is that we'll get a little more space in the living room. Then maybe we can get it organized enough for Natalie to have more of a play area. Still, I imagine at some point I'll have John bring up the pack and play I got from my older sister. Not that I plan to have Natalie in it all the time but it might be helpful for those times where I need to get something done and she can sit in there and play. I can't remember how old my nephew was when he started going in a playpen but I'm guessing it will be a few more months at least. Meanwhile, I'm still looking into either buying or making a sling to carry her around in. I found one website that has slings on there for a really good price. The only problem is that right now, she's behind in orders. So, I'm just going to keep watch on the site, maybe email her with some questions. It's worth it to take a look at as I really cannot sew and I also really do not know what fabric to get or any of that. I'm just not domesticated at all (I don't know how to cook really either). Hopefully I'll get something figured out soon so that I can start doing some babywearing. Natalie's already three months so I hope that she'll still benefit from babywearing at this point. Now if only I can find some diapers that are decently priced...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.