Monday, January 14, 2008
Having a two year old definitely makes life interesting...
...but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love watching Natalie in her day to day activities. She just gets more fun all the time as she discovers the world around her. She is so interested in EVERYTHING and is is just amazing the connections she makes. She loves to watch it snow or rain outside and when she goes out, she'll kick at the snow or pick it up in her hands. She'll say "cold" when she's holding the snow. She'll look out the window at night searching for the moon and gets excited when she hears the whistle from the train. She loves to color and wants her crayons and paper all the time. She has her own table to color on and actually color ON. lol That's okay though; they are washable crayons and it comes right off. She likes to watch Bob the Builder and can work the VCR. I'm not joking either. She's able to put the video in and get it started. And when that's over, she can take it out and put another video in and start that. She likes Blue's Clues too. We're trying to cut down on the videos a little since she wants to watch them ALL DAY everyday. lol She loves to play with her blocks and her stuffed animals. She'll play act with them too, putting shoes and socks on them or bringing one over for me to "nurse". Her imagination is all over the place. She got a package in the mail from her aunt Mia. It was a set of puzzles. The puzzles are a little advanced for her but she loved the envelope they came in. She made it a hat, coloring on it to make it her very own and putting it on her head.Being two doesn't come without its frustrations though. She doesn't always know how to tell us what she wants and sometimes, she can't make up her mind. She'll want one thing, then another, and will get frustrated and upset. So, yes, there have been some temper tantrums as she struggles to adjust to her wants and needs and how to voice them but they are few and far between. Obviously, she can be more difficult when she's tired, just like any adult can be so we work on that and try to be as patient with her as we can.
Still, I wouldn't have it any other way. She's an enjoyable member of our family and I look forward to each and every day with her. If I had known parenting was going to be this enjoyable, I probably would have had a child sooner but I wonder if it would have been the same. Not that it hasn't been a struggle, as it has as well. Things certainly haven't been easy the past two years, especially concerning John's employment and I know that my not working has made that all the more difficult. I'm hoping though that 2008 will be a better year in that regard. The past two months have been rough as John lost his full time job back in November but he was just recently hired this morning for which I am VERY grateful. Now, we just need to get back on our feet then with any luck, we can make plans to move by the time the lease ends here. I'm not sure where we are destined to be, but something I'm sure will crop up for us somewhere.
Well, that's all the time I have for now. The little one has woken up from her nap and is seeking a bit of nursing. I should also go and make some lunch for us. Hope someone stops by and leaves a comment. It's been awhile since I've heard from any of my readers.

























