Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Natalie is 27 months on the 27th!

Well, for a few more minutes anyway. It's been kind of hard to steal a few moments today to get on here for a journal entry. She's doing well though. Her illness, whatever it was, ended with that one session of puking so that's a relief. She was very eager to eat later but we made her take an easy until the next day. So whatever it was, it was in and out and fortunately it didn't stick around to make anyone else miserable.

Natalie is growing bigger and bigger all the time. Her last measurement was taken here at home five days ago and she is currently 33 and 5/8 inches and 30.4 lbs. She's pretty much caught up and where she should be for her age in clothes (though could probably use another half inch for some of her pants). Her growing two full inches over the fall and winter have made keeping her in clothes pretty fun. Now that spring is coming, I'm trying to go through and figure out just what clothes of her fit and which ones don't. The ones that don't fit include all of the dresses I had bought for her for church last summer. grr. They were 12 or 18 months and now they are all too short. While I'm hanging onto a couple for her to wearing in the house over the summer, the rest I'm more or less sending off to a mom who is looking for casual dresses for weddings over the summer months so that works out. I'm still trying to decide if I want to hang onto one in the even I have another baby. I'm constantly torn on that issue though and probably will be until I either get pregnant again or become unable to have anymore children period. It certainly doesn't help that I'm not on any birth control, just trying to keep track of my temps and other fertility signs. But so far so good.

The last week has been a flurry of activity here. John has been starting to do some spring cleaning around here in preparation for the Days of Unleavened bread. I figure I would give it a go this year mainly because my weight has gotten out of control again and maybe if I can't bake and all that I can also forgo the sugar and stuff for the week too and maybe some of the weight will drop off. I definitely need to do something about it but motivation has been REALLY hard to come by this year. Then again, so has money. *sigh*

Natalie has become a bit obsessed with the DVDs that John has been getting from the library. They are DVDs of nursery rhymes. I don't know why but she really enjoys them and wants to watch them over and OVER again. And since she can now work the DVD player, she doesn't even need either of us in the room to start it up. Next I supposed will be the computer she tries to learn how to use. Her other big obsession has been to go out and CLIMB. She LOVES going outside and doesn't mind the snow at all (though John isn't too big on it). She loves climbing on the snow piles, walking in the water, stepping in the mud, all things I remember doing myself when I was young but not something I like to do now! I can remember the driveway of the place I lived at when I was a kid having this large ice puddle and around this time of year it would start to melt so I would "skate" on it and then the water would start coming up and get my boots all wet. Fun times then, not so fun now. I like dry feet. lol She also enjoys climbing on the ladder to the slide and going down the slide. She likes to swing. We took her to a park not too long ago and she was able to climb up a few things that are set up for the older kids. And she doesn't do too badly on it either! The only thing that I worried about was when her and John climbed up on this one thing and they were both above my head! That's when mommy paranoia kicked in and I told him to bring her back down!

It's not always easy to deal with a toddler who likes to go out so much because naturally she doesn't want to come back in. Also, just going out somewhere can be a bit of a trial because no matter why we're going outside, she thinks it's because she's going to climb so when we go to the car instead, gigantic temper tantrums tend to hit. *sigh* We weather them as best as we can, giving her words for her feelings by asking her if she's mad at mommy or daddy and she does get over it pretty quick which is good but then there are times when she gets upset at the drop of a hat and we can't figure out why because her speech still isn't the clearest. I know it will get better with time but it is definitely a struggle sometimes.

Life with our toddler is rarely dull and just to show you how interesting it can get with her around here, I will close this entry with a recent event where she managed to outsmart me by thinking VERY much outside the box.

Natalie has a box of these blocks in the living room. These are regular wooden blocks that she got for her birthday. There are 130 but I split them up in half and keep one half in my room. She had the box in there the other night and she wanted to play with the blocks. So I gave her the box and left the room to do a couple of things. I know, bad mom but if she needed me, she could find me, I wasn't that far away. Anyway, I go in there later after I had put her to bed (I had been in the room several times but didn't notice until after she went to bed) and I noticed that the blocks were not in the box. They were not anywhere that I could see. Okay, weird. How do 65 blocks just disappear? So I'm looking in the living room, behind the couches, under the couches, under the cushions, in the desk drawer, in the kitchen under the cabinets, in my room, her room, the bathrooms, the oven, the fridge, the freezer, everywhere I could think of because there was NO clue at all where these stupid blocks were. These are not little blocks either! I'm quickly getting frustrated and upset and totally confused and mad at myself too for not keeping a better eye on her. I was even thinking that someone had come into the apartment and stolen them! FINALLY, I figure it out. On the SIDE of the couch, under the arm, there is a tear in the fabric and I notice that it is bulging below this tear. That is where ALL of the blocks were. Not something I would have noticed unless I was staring right at it. Little stinker's too smart for her own good. I don't want to know how she's going to be when she's a teenager.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.