Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Natalie's first total eclipse of the moon...

...well the first that she actually got to see. She really likes seeing the moon (thus my reason for having all things moon related on her blog). And watching the eclipse was something else. She would ask me to turn off the lights (dark, dark) so she could look at the moon better and she would say "moon gone!" when the moon was completely in shadow. She LOVES talking about the moon. "I see the moon in the sky!" And yes, she says it pretty much like that too! If she sees the moon while in the car, it is the ONLY thing she will talk about. lol It's pretty funny.

She hit yet another growth spurt between December 22nd and January 22nd so now she can actually wear 24 month clothes at 24 months! I'm impressed. It's taken her close to a year to get back to her age matching her clothing size. She's been anywhere near 3 months to one year off depending on what I put her in. Of course, this meant that for the second time this WINTER I had to go through her clothes to figure out what fit and what didn't and some of the 24 month already didn't fit! grr. I hate how clothes don't match the size. I do not have the time to sit there and try clothes on her, especially not when I get a bunch of stuff from freecycle. I want to throw the clothes in to totes until I need them. *sigh* Oh well. The one outfit didn't fit because it was just too tight so it probably wouldn't have fit even when I had gotten them. Still, it's kind of frustrating when things don't fit which makes me glad that most of what I get for Natalie is free.

As of her appointment last month (January 25), she was 33 and a half inches tall (47% for height) and is 29 lbs and 4 oz (77% for weight). Her weight is definitely up there but she's not fat. She's just a very solid little girl and definitely not a lightweight when she's walking on you. The terrible, terrific, tenacious, and trying twos (to quote a fellow mom with her own two year old) have definitely struck. lol Most of it, I have no doubt have to do with an immense case of cabin fever aggravated by the 17 + inches of snow we have received THIS MONTH alone. Actually the 17 inches themselves took only two days to fall here where I live. But, no matter when they fell, the fact that that is more than half of my daughter does not leave going outside and playing in the snow as much of an option unless I want to send a search party out for her. So, pretty much like last winter, she's more or less LITERALLY climbing the walls. lol Basically, she's climbing on every single piece of furniture she can get on. Which is really making life fun considering this is not a very large apartment and once again, I'm starting to fear for her life due to that LOVELY half wall we have in our living room (that I have already rearranged the furniture in about four times now for this very reason). But now, along with climbing on the couch and love seats, she's also taken to climbing on tables and bookshelves and basically anything that will support her weight and a few things that haven't. Spring can't come soon enough and if all goes well, this may be the last winter we'll have to deal with this nonsense as John is fed up with the whole winter deal and is making plans for us to move to Arizona next year.

We are working on potty training but that is a blog post in and of itself. We're not pushing her but letting her go kind of on her own time table. She does seem interested in using the potty but just hasn't gotten to where she can let us know she has to go potty before she goes. I'm sure she will with time though. She's not even 26 months yet.

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures that I took today. She's growing up fast and even with her trying days, she's a keeper. I'm just not in any hurry to give her a sibling. lol









1 Comments:
Blogger Maddie had this to say:

Natalie is such a cutie! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.