Tuesday, April 15, 2008
ACK! Slow down the growing PLEASE!
Today, getting Natalie ready to go outside (since going outside and going down the slide are her favorite things in the WORLD right now), I noticed her pants were a little on the short side, her 18 month pants. So, a week early, I checked her height and yeah, she grew yet again, only 1/4 of an inch but enough to nudge her pants up and put her into 2T pants albeit just a wee long on her.This seems to be a trend though, growing at least 1/4 of an inch every other month with some months growing as much as an inch or near and inch (she did this twice over the winter). I am having quite a time trying to keep up with her spurts of growth here and thus I am CONSTANTLY going through her clothes. I can't get through a season without adding and subtracting clothes as least ONCE. And we will not discuss shoes. In the last year, she has grown SIX inches and has gone from a size 4 to a 7W in shoes.
Thank goodness I get MOST of her clothes from either Freecycle or rummage sales. Otherwise, I would be very unhappy. As it is, she's got two 18 months outfits that I'm going to need to get her in a few more times since I did buy those this year around Feast Time. I have more outfits for the spring and summer though that I have bought and I am really, really hoping that the growth slows down a little bit. Because right now, I just can't keep up with her!
What's really frustrating is that the FEW dresses I do get for her I'm lucky if she wears ONCE before she grows out of it. We do so few things that require dress up clothing that buying dresses is almost impractical. She just does not grow on the "normal" schedules that kids are expected to grow on. She spent most of last year in a size 12 month only to from that to 2T in less than six month's time. How is a mom to keep up?!
The only thing more overwhelming is her TOYS! But that's for another day.

























