Sunday, April 13, 2008
Potty training and other stuff...
It's that time, or so I thought, to begin Natalie on the road to freedom from diapers. Somehow, I don't think it's going to be all that easy. She will tell us when she has a poopy diaper (most of the time) and sometimes when she's wet, she'll tell us. She has used the potty on occasion and gets stickers for that which she LOVES. Whenever she does use the potty, she'll say, "Sticker? Sticker?" but again, it's not consistent. So, I got some underpants and just from the bit I did today, I have determined that we have a little ways to go yet, especially with our crazy upside down, messed up schedule that we have around here. Routine is not a word in ANYONE'S vocabulary. It doesn't help that while John does have his schedule of working most nights 11PM to 7AM, the days of the week CAN and HAVE changed which makes life interesting. And since it is impossible to get HIM to settle down and rest when he should, it just makes it more difficult for me to put Natalie and therefore myself on a schedule. I don't know how some of these families do it, I really don't. So, today, we tried underpants and she went through five pairs before I said "forget it." The last time was the kicker. John had taken her to the bathroom and sat there with her for probably about 20 minutes before she finally did go potty. Less than half an hour later, she peed in her underpants while I was trying to get some baking done and John was trying to sleep. I'm sure some would say I probably gave up too soon but to me it just wasn't worth it. She'll be potty trained eventually and she will get more into it, I'm sure. Now just isn't the time. But it's frustrating as I'm sick of diapers but we don't have a washer or dryer here to use if we got cloth and John is absolutely opposed to the idea of getting a set. Just one more thing out of about two dozen that we don't agree on. *sigh*So, with finances being the way they are, I'm trying to earn a little bit of money here and there. I've been making nursing necklaces and so far, it's been going pretty well. With Cafe Mom, I've been able to at least get moms interested in nursing necklaces especially as I am in quite a few nursing groups. So, I advertise what I sell, have pictures and the moms come to me with their ideas of what they want. Sometimes, it takes a little help but I'm able to figure out what they are looking for. I have a slideshow of what I have made so far and I'll post it on here:
My plan eventually is to set up a website that has not only nursing necklaces available but other nursing items from moms who are looking to earn a little extra money. That's going to take awhile though as I need more time to sit down and complete such a lengthy task. The first will be to create a new blog where I can post my necklaces and the links for other websites. Coming up with a name would certainly help too but there again, I'm kind of stumped. I'm sure I will figure it all out eventually. In the meantime, if there are any nursing moms in need of a nursing necklace, feel free to email me. I have mommy necklaces too and necklaces for older kids but I haven't gotten a chance to put those in my Photobucket album.
Not much else going on really. Natalie got a doll tonight because the one she got for her birthday ended up un-armed. Since the doll freaked me out anyway (got it from someone on Freecycle), I figured it was time to get a new one. I let Natalie pick the doll out and she seems to like her a lot which is a good thing. So, with adding the doll, she has MORE than enough toys to play with and sometimes I think too many toys. But really, can a two year old have too many toys to play with? Hard to say but I do think a two year old can have too many toys out in the living room for mommy and daddy to step on. Our apartment is definitely too small for a all the toys she has but I'm making plans to get rid of furniture as we have too much of that too.
John is hoping to move us out of Wisconsin this fall. I'm a bit opposed to this because, well, I'm just not big on long distant moves. I wasn't big on the last one! But it is getting to where it is either that or South Korea which isn't giving me too many options. I just want to stay in Wisconsin until my mom passes which from the way she talks at times, could be anytime in the next two to five years. Yeah, don't see John waiting that long. I just wish he wasn't so RESTLESS. Army life would have been good for him if he had stuck with it. He's hoping to move us out of the Midwest period and somewhere south and west. I'm not real big on heat so this is not sounding very appealing. Then again, I have lived my entire life in Wisconsin thus far and haven't traveled beyond Iowa/Minnesota so of course the thought of moving somewhere that is hot 9 months out of the year and warm the other 3 is a bit daunting. But he is convinced that if he just gets me far enough away from everything I've grown up with, that will make me more livable or something. I've got my doubts on that one.


























