Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Hasn't there been enough pain already?

Kind of going off subject for this entry. Not sure who all is reading my blog here but for those of you who don't already know, my younger sister suffered a pregnancy loss over the summer. She was 28, almost 29 weeks pregnant and the baby suddenly passed. No one knows why; no one knows how. The baby was fine, kicking the night before and then the next day, nothing. Well, since then, she's tried to get pregnant and has gotten pregnant two times only to have lost both of them during the first trimester. The first one she lost back in February at about 8 weeks and now, she just lost this one at almost 9 weeks. She didn't even know until she went to get an ultrasound today. The doctor wanted her to come in because she was getting some light spotting after intercourse and since she had miscarried before, they just wanted to keep an eye on things. Well, there was no heartbeat. Now, the OB feels that it's some kind of an auto-immune disorder where the body is not allowing her to hang onto the pregnancy. She believes that the clot my sister had last year due to being on the birth control is now happening during each of the pregnancies and is what killed Emmah. She's decided she's done and will be taking steps to make sure she can no longer get pregnant whether that is getting her tubes tied or having her husband get fixed (whichever is the less invasive procedure). Emotionally, she can no longer handle it and I can't say I blame her. I think one pregnancy loss would have been enough for me. Fortunately, it takes a little work for me to get pregnant.

It does have me worried though. I'm the only one this generation of females who has not had a pregnancy loss. And I fear that with my weight, the fact I had a cesarean, etc that if I try again, I may end up with a loss. Right now, that's the last thing on my mind though the idea gets jiggled now and again whenever I hear a mom is having a baby or I see baby pictures of Natalie. I think as long as she's nursing, I'll be okay. Once she weans, that may be a different story altogether.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.