Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Saturday, May 03, 2008
We've made a monumental decision.

Or rather, I did. John had always known what he wanted to do, it was just a matter of getting me to agree. Taking a look at our situation here and realizing that we were just repeating the same pattern over and over again with no hope of ever really getting ahead or anywhere really, I decided that if John can get all the arrangements made by the end of August, we can go to South Korea for two years. Yeah, it's going to be a really big move for all of us but I see no other option with the way the economy is going. Korea is where John can get a job that he enjoys, that fits his talents and the demand is high. We could survive on less than he would make there so we could save some money and come back with money to set us up while we decide where to go from there. Maybe I could go back to school and finish my degree. Or maybe John can go back and get a teaching certification and be able to have an actual career instead of just being your run-of-the-mill entry level worker. We would have options, choices, neither of which we have now. And it would be an adventure to go, there's no doubt about that. I'm just scared about half to death about it and a bit overwhelmed. There's SO much to get done before we go, SO many things to go through and sell/get rid of. There are SO many details to hash out and planning that has to be done and I wonder if it will all work out. I'm afraid at times it won't. Moving is a pain in the butt enough but this isn't just any move, this is a move where we will be having to empty most of the apartment out before we leave. We will be leaving here with one suitcase and one carry on each. That's not much. I'm not one to travel light folks. I can go with several bags of stuff for an eight day trip to the Dells. Here is a two year trip and I have to carry FAR less than what I'm used to. I think I took more with me to the dorms! So yeah, I'm pretty nervous about that and about trying to figure everything out because I don't know the first thing about traveling. I've never been on a plane, never been outside of the country, never traveled outside of WI, MN, IL, and Iowa. So for me, this is HUGE, monumental. But it has become necessary.

Natalie, of course, doesn't really know what is going on and I have no idea how she will respond to this when we do leave. We moved to my older sister's when she was six months old, here when she was 10 months old and this is all she's known for the last 18 months. I hope it isn't too much of a shock for her. I'm actually kind of hoping she's still nursing so that the transition is a little easier on her. I certainly have no plans to wean her anytime soon though I wouldn't mind having her potty trained before then. I would just need to get off of MY butt and be more consistent about it. I think if I do put her without a diaper, she will let me know when she has to go and we can work with that. But I keep thinking too that maybe I'll let her go at her pace so that I'm not pushing her. This is kind of an area though I'm a little unsure about.

Lots of unknown, lots to do but it beats not having any plans at all and just spinning our wheels indefinitely while the country goes to heck in a hand basket.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.