Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Monday, May 12, 2008
Passports are ordered and should be back in about four weeks...

That all was done on Friday so it's just a matter of time before they come back. And then I guess all that is left after that (besides getting rid of all of our stuff) is for John to find a job. There are recruiters calling here all the time! Kind of exciting. We're looking at leaving now the end of September so not much time as I thought before. I think (and John actually thought the same thing!) that it would be funny if we left September 23rd. That's when he came home almost five years ago, just less than three weeks before our wedding. CRAZY times, I tell you. I do plan to set up a new blog for all of this, will probably move some of my posts out from the Simply Janeen blog and set that one up for all things South Korea related instead.

I got my laptop on Friday and I LOOOOOVE IT! It has a web cam on it and everything! And oh does it play The Sims 2 like a DREAM! I'm still doing most of my internet stuff on the desktop though because I really haven't gotten the typing down yet on the laptop. So the big purchase for South Korea is done and now we have just a few other things to pick up though I'm trying to be cheap and find some of them at rummage sales. Hey, we found Natalie's carry on bag, in GREAT shape for just two dollars! Can't beat that. There is SO MUCH to do though! We need to have at least one, if not two rummage sales. I need to put stuff I'm keeping that is going to my sister's in the foot locker. I need to get all of the pictures developed and in a photo album and decide whether that goes with or what I'm going to do with it. Again, SO much to do and less than five months to do it. I think it's really going to get scary once John finds a place to work and I don't think that's going to be hard at all. If things were set now, we could go now but there are stupid little things like all of our belongings and a lease to deal with. lol

And yet, we're trying to keep going on like normal here including potty training Natalie. Just under a month after that failed attempt at potty training and this time, success! I noticed the other day she was taking off her diaper and running to the potty so Saturday, a day we never go ANYWHERE until after sundown, I started her in panties and there was only one accident that day. We did diapers while out yesterday but panties at home and again, success until she had a coughing fit and a little accident. Today is day three and she's even pooped in the potty so I think we're getting ready to make the diapers go bye-bye! I'm still doing diapers overnight though and I have NO idea what we're going to do about a 13 hours plan ride. Has anyone ever used a potty on the plane? Are they kiddy friendly?

Well, better take off here and get John up; he's supposed to be doing the milk run today.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.