Create your countdown widget and more at Blixy.com!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Friday, July 11, 2008
Not much going on at the moment...

It's summer. It's hot and I hate it. John is thinking of a position in one city in South Korea. The contract he was considering he did sign and send out all the stuff for but then I found out that it would basically be in the middle of NOWHERE. Or, as a friend of mine who has been to Korea has put it, "the American city equivalent of a population of 5000." Oh heck no. SO, I made him drop that one immediately! Fortunately, the actual contract wouldn't have started until the first day he taught but it did kind of mess everything up and now almost a month later he has found another possible contract in a MUCH bigger city through the same recruiter but eh, now we're less than two months away from going and I'm scared out of my mind just about. *sigh*

So, after that whole deal (thank goodness I found out BEFORE we got there!), I took off with Natalie and spent a week in La Crosse for a vacation. It wasn't much but it was nice to get out of Beaver Dam for a few days. Natalie TOTALLY FREAKED at the fireworks we went to the Sunday after we got there and spent 43 out of the 45 minutes show under my shirt, nursing, with her hands over her ears. Poor thing. The rest of the week I think was kind of rough on her too as she is not at all used to other kids, especially not two kids who are a bit scrappy.

She dealt pretty well though and we did have a pretty good time up there but as always, it is good to be home. It does have me worrying about how she'll adjust to the big move to South Korea. I think she will be okay as long her dad is around and she can go to the park.

Not much else going on. Monday will be a year since my little sister delivered her stillborn. Hard to believe how fast time goes by. Got a letter from my mom this week and got the news that my older sister (my dad's oldest daughter) had a heart attack last month. She was treated and released so I guess she's fine but she's only 41. Makes me think about my own health sometimes.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Natalie's World

By reading this blog, you are agreeing to the following DISCLAIMER. If you do not agree with said disclaimer, please do not read any of these entries. Thank you.


THE blog about Natalie, my five-year-old daughter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I'm a 42 year old freethinking, single mom of two.

View my other blog.
View my MySpace page.
View my pictures.

Look for me on CafeMom!

simplyjaneen

My CafeMom screen name is: simplyjaneen

CafeMom

Yahoo: sim_ply_janeen
Email: simplyjaneen@gmail.com

Layout design by mela
Graphics by Janeen White
Powered by Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blinkies from various sites.